Congratulations on your up-coming marriage. The Church rejoices with you and wants your wedding day and married life to be richly blessed.

Please contact the Parish Office, or the Priest you wish to officiate at your wedding at least six months before the intended wedding date.

You will require a recent copy of your Baptismal Certificate. This can be obtained from the parish where you were baptised. You will also need to ask your Parish of Baptism to include a declaration of your freedom to marry in the Church.

When you contact the Priest, he will arrange for you to complete Pre-Marriage Forms.  The Officiating Priest for your wedding will go through the Marriage Liturgy with you.

You will be required to:

  • Go through a Pre Marriage Course. This is required and beneficial.
  • Obtain a Marriage License from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages.  This expires after three months, so don’t get it too early.

If you are getting married overseas, you’ll need to be in contact with one of the Priests here to arrange for the Church papers to be completed and sent away.